We have taken the following steps and implemented the following procedures to keep our employees and customers safer while we operate through this pandemic period.
We can be stronger together!
Accuserve continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and is following health and safety guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) to protect its employees, vendors, and customers and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Please note the following updates regarding onsite calibration service.
- We will be contacting all customers with on-site calibration appointments to ensure that the work environment is safe for our employees and that we comply with the customer's COVID-19 policy.
- To facilitate an onsite visit, the best arrangement would be to provide the following conditions:
- Isolated workspace for our technician, with one designated representative from your company to coordinate calibration activities.
- Disinfect all equipment prior to calibration activity.
- Table or bench, chair, power outlet, adequate lighting, and access to clean restroom.
- Our calibration technicians will wear masks and will social distance while onsite and adhere to all customer mandated health and safety guidelines.
- They will also not be allowed to report to work if they exhibit any signs of illness.
- We will notify you within 24 hours in case we learn one of our technicians has tested positive for COVID-19 and has visited your facility recently.
Please note the following updates regarding our lab calibrations.
- We do accept shipments to our calibration lab, and we do request that you disinfect your instruments prior to shipment. Please complete our Service Return Form when submitting equipment.
- We do accept drop off and pick-up of equipment in our lobby. No visitors are allowed in our lab at this time. Any witnessing of calibration can be done via video.
- We do disinfect equipment prior to shipment.
We thank you and look forward to working with you!